Widely available through online and offline shopping outlets, the features of dog training collars differ from product to product and brand to brand. Most of these products are similar in technology and functions, but with some differences. Thus, when you seek to purchase a training dog collar for training your dog, it is easy to get confused as the technology is somewhat similar; for example – all of them are waterproof.
However, you should note that every product has some innovative features that is distinct from others in the market. The focus of this article is to offer you information on some select dog training collars which not only integrate innovative features, but they are also a value for money as well.
Last update on 2021-01-22 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
This product offers a perfect solution for training three dogs related to desirable behavior. With collar, it becomes easy for you to train your dog to behave properly without any distraction.
- Some features of the product include the pet resolve system, which enables you to get a perfect solution for training three dogs for a range of behaviors.
- This product offers the highest quality collar with a long ¾ mile range and is designed for easy outdoor training to cover big areas.
- It offers various features such as variable vibration level and variable shock with more than ten levels with momentary or continuous shock, beeps, or vibrations used for efficient and safe training.
- It enables you to teach your dogs a desired range of commands.
While creating this product, the main aim of the manufacturers was to explore the best possible communication method between a dog owner and his or her pet. To accomplish this purpose, the researchers in the organization continue to study pet behavioral psychology and create a range of pet accessories in technology products.
- This product offers a special technology to support a robust and stable signal in different training environments.
- The manufacturers have designed the collar with low voltage so that it may not hurt your dog.
- The remote has a keypad security lock, so your dog may not sustain any accidental shock.
- The technology automatically cuts off the output microcurrent to decrease harm to your beloved pet.
Some other features include multiple training modes. It includes the shock, vibration, and beep modes. You can also adjust strap size and static levels related to shock collars.
According to experts, this product offers humane and safe dog training to improve its effectiveness as well as reduce the stress of your pet. This product also offers an innovative ergonomic design with the lowest level of stimulus for an improvement in the behavior of a dog when he or she is in the public arena. While manufacturing the product, the manufacturers have used the raw products of the highest quality.
- They have also been engineered to withstand extreme training conditions.
- Some features include a waterproof receiver and transmitter.
- They are also shock resistant and includes a pavlovian tone on every model.
- The product offers a COS or Control of Stimulation feature that enables the owner to fine-tune the stimulation level to match the different temperaments of the dogs, and it caters to their comfort level. So, when you train your dogs with this collar, they do not fear the training collar, jerk their heads, or vocalize their discomfort.
After 20 years of experience, the manufacturers have created a product with accountable performance, precise fit-and-finish, and intuitive design. According to the manufacturer, an ultimate dog training tool for your pet, this product is dependable, durable, as well as designed for endurance in difficult conditions.
- It has been certified for IPX9K waterproof condition.
- Further, it is popular both with award-winning professional trainers and serious amateurs who train dogs for K-9, competition trials, hunting, and pet obedience.
- Some features of the product include waterproof components and a range of ¾ range.
After extensive research, with this product, the manufacturer offers a customized training experience, both for new and expert pet owners to train dogs of any size, ranging from 15 to 100 lbs. The product offers a “blinds” one-hand operation with an amateur trainer in mind.
- With an ergonomic design, you can focus more on your dog during training.
- With an ability to charge both devices, the collar and the receiver, the product is always ready for use.
- You can correct any bad habit of your pet, such as leash pulling, chewing, or excessive barking with remote vibrating or beep commands.
- This product offers three modes: standard, vibration, and static stimulation tone mode.
The main focus of the manufacturers was to ensure the comfort of both the pet and its owner. So, they have launched this product after a considerable research and development process. Before launching in the market, the manufacturers developed and tested this product in collaboration with professional K-9 trainers. Further, to ensure comfort, the product offers different types of innovative features.
- With the incorporation of an advanced microprocessor and a high-speed strong signal antenna, the product offers a remote range of 2000 feet.
- Also, the product offers clear color indications and independent function buttons for instant response.
- The product is completely waterproof, so you can operate it whether your dog is playing in the water or rain.
Now, with the help of modern technology integrated with this product, you can safely train your dog with the desired outcome.
- This product offers three training methods that includes the standard tone mode, 1to18 levels vibration mode, and 1-16 static shock levels mode.
- If you do not use it for some time, it will automatically switch on to stand-by mode.
- You can also keep track of your dog with a remote that has a 1000 feet long range.
- You can customize the settings of the remote to match the obedience level and temperament of your dog.
When you seek to purchase a dog collar for your beloved pet, it is natural to get confused as more and more manufacturers offer different types of products in the market. For that purpose, here we offer some tips you can use to make the best choice.
Some things you should avoid when buying a dog collar
When you consider the type of collar your dog should wear, you need to take some factors into your mind, such as your taste, the temperament of your dog, your training goals, and needs. However, some things you need to avoid are collars that are primarily designed to function with the application of aversive sensation, discomfort, and pain.
For example, prong collars, shock collars, choke chains, and citronella spray collars.
On the other hand, some things that you should look for when purchasing the dog collar include the comfort of your dog, quality material, and adjustable straps. Basic flat collars are available in various materials, such as nylon, leather, and cloth with different designs and fashion. The dog collar should be a little loose, if your dog habitually pulls you, you need to use a front-clip control harness. You can also use a martingale collar, known as a limited-slip collar. The main purpose of this collar is to tighten the collar somewhat but does not choke your dog. However, as the loop of the collar may get caught on any object, you can use it only when your dog is under supervision. The third type is breakaway or safety dog collar, it has a release mechanism that gives away when it is under pressure. You can use this type of dog collar when your dog is playing with other dogs or when you are taking him or her for a walk outside.
FAQ’s – Frequently Asked Questions
What are the best dog training collars?
There are two types of training dog collars in the market – non-e-collars, that deliver non-electric stimuli, such as aerosol spray, and e-collars, that delivers electric stimuli. An e-collar has three functions that a trainer can control from a handset and they are a vibrator or a tone, a continuous electric stimulus limited to less than 15 seconds, and a momentary electrical stimulus.
How do dog training collars work?
There are two main components of dog training collars, the collar receiver, and the remote transmitter. While training your dog, you need to set the head held remote transmitter so that it can send the required radio signal to the collar receiver located on the collar of your dog. When you send the radio signal, it activates simulation, such as static pulse, vibration, or tone for correction of behavior or reward as required.
Is it safe for dogs to wear collars?
According to the law of the land, wearing a dog collar is necessary for pet dogs. However, the fundamental question is whether it is safe for your dogs to wear collars. According to experts, it is safe for dogs to wear collars, provided some guidelines are followed. For example, the collar should be a proper fit. Also, the material should not be too soft or too hard.
Are electronic collars and shock collars the same things?
When purchasing a training collar for your dog, it is common to hear two terms, e-collar and shock collar, and they are the same things. However, while it is commonly known as an e-collar, the animal activists use the word shock collar to deter users from purchasing them. However, if used correctly, they do not pose a health hazard for your dog.
How do you stop nuisance barking?
According to the American Kennel Club, you can use various techniques to stop nuisance barking. For example, you can ensure that your pet has adequate mental and physical exercise every day. You can ensure that your dog gets socialization training before you take him or her to walk in the public arena. You can also keep your dog busy by placing interactive dog toys for him or her.